Tools and Resources
TIGER XML: Extensions and conventions
- Negotiate with TIGER team on common extensions/conventions for TIGER
XML and TIGER tools.
- Ask TIGER team to update TIGER XML and tools.
- Ask TIGER team to turn TIGER and ANNOTATE tools into open source
software, so that we can modify the tools on our own
(inter-segmental links, command-line search, etc.).
- Ask TIGER team to include support for different visualization
methods (eg, dependency graphs would be nice).
- Working group leader asks for proposals on ntn-list.
- People send in suggestions and comments to ntn-list.
- Standardization decisions made by consensus or on next meeting.
standardization decisions on “Tools and resources”
homepage (working group leader).
Extensions (discussion on nordic-treebank list)
- Extend TIGER tools so that they can deal with intersegmental links.
- Decide on extension to TIGER XML for representing other kinds of
segments than “s”, including overlapping or discontinuous
segments (eg, utterances, turns).
TIGER tools so that they can deal with general segmentation.
on a standard method of representing parallel aligned treebanks in
Conventions (discussion on nordic-treebank list)
on representation of intersegmental links in TIGER XML.
on a standard way of representing dependency treebanks in TIGER XML
so that dependency treebanks can be recreated from TIGER XML.
source files and speakers
on a standard for linking annotations with segments in external
file, and for specifying speaker identity.
Semantics (argument structure)
on a standard way of representing argument structure in TIGER XML.
on a standard feature for encoding (English) glosses.
<?xml version=”1.0” encoding=”iso-8859-1”
standalone=”yes”?> in XML header.
Other tasks (discussion on nordic-treebank list, links added to “Tools
and resources” web page)
out whether any other tools support TIGER XML.
an inventory of tools that can use/import TIGER XML.