Machine Translation, 7.5 HP, VT 2017Course codes : 5LN426 (bachelor) 5LN711 (master)
Course coordinator: Fabienne Cap
Course examiner: Mats Dahllöf
Teachers: Fabienne Cap, Sara Stymne, Sharid Loáiciga, Yan Shao, Anna Sågvall Hein
- The seminar presentation schedule is now online! Please observe that attendance in both seminars is mandatory for everyone. If you cannot attend, please inform Fabienne beforehand, and we will find a different solution for you. In case you cannot attend your own presentation, it will be canceled and re-scheduled to be held in August. If you cannot attend other presentations, we will give you one additional reading assignment to do (and submitted before August 31st).
- Yan's and Fabienne's slides on NMT are now online, together with some suggestions for further reading
- Lab 5 is now online!
- The results of the mid-course evaluation are now online!
- Lab 4 and the slides of Anna's guest lecture are now online!
- Schedule change! We have to move the 3rd lab which was originally scheduled for next Monday 14h-16h to next Wendesday, 14h-16h. We apologize for any inconveniences this might cause.
- The instructions of Lab 3 and the slides of Sharid's lecture are now online!
- The project groups have now been assigned! Find more information here
- More details for the Master and Bachelor projects are now online! Please pick 3 topics and send them to Fabienne before April 14th, 20:00h.
- The instructions for your first Lab on Wednesday are now online!
- The slides of the first and second lecture are now online!
- Important note on deadlines: The final deadline for
submitting something for the first time (labs and reports) is June
The re-examination deadline for submissions who did not pass this deadline is August 31.
More Information onLiterature
Examination for Masters
Examination for Bachelors
Preliminary SchedulePlease observe the changing room numbers!
Reading / Assignments
|2017-03-27||10-12||6-0031||Lecture||Introduction||Fabienne Cap||Koehn Ch.1; JM 25.1-2; HS;|
|2017-03-29||10-12||16-0041||Lecture||MT evaluation||Sara Stymne||Koehn Ch.8; JM 25.9|
|2017-04-03||10-12||16-2043||Lecture||MT in practice (Convertus) - guest lecture||Anna Sågvall Hein|
|2017-04-05||10-12||Chomsky||Lab||Lab1: MT Evaluation||Sharid Loáiciga||lab report 1|
|2017-04-10||10-12||Room change! Now: 6-0022||Lecture||Introduction to SMT||Fabienne Cap||Koehn Ch.2-4|
|2017-04-12||9-12||Chomsky||Lab||Lab2: Word-based SMT - I||Sara Stymne||oral assessment in class|
|2017-04-19||10-12||16-1058||Lecture||Alignment and Language Models||Sharid Loáiciga||Koehn Ch.4, Ch.7|
|2017-04-24||10-12||Chomsky||Lab||Lab2: Word-based SMT - II||Sara Stymne||lab report 2|
|2017-04-26||14-16||Chomsky||Lab||Lab3: Parallel corpora & alignment||Yan Shao||lab report 3|
|2017-05-03||10-12||2-1077||Lecture||Phrase-based SMT||Fabienne Cap||Koehn Ch.5|
|2017-05-08||10-12||Chomsky||Lab||Lab4: Phrase-based SMT - I||Sharid Loáiciga||lab report 4|
|2017-05-10||10-12||16-0041||Lecture||Decoding||Sara Stymne||Koehn Ch.6|
|2017-05-15||10-12||Chomsky||Lab||Lab4: Phrase-based SMT - II||Sharid Loáiciga||lab report 4|
|2017-05-17||10-12||16-2043||Lecture||Tuning + More||Sara Stymne||Koehn Ch.10.2+11|
|2017-05-17||13-16||Chomsky||Lab||Lab5: Decoding||Sharid Loáiciga||oral assessment in class|
|2017-05-22||10-12||2-1024||Lecture||Introduction to Neural Networks
Introduction to NMT
|Yan Shao Fabienne Cap||Further Reading|
|2017-05-24||10-12||16-0041||Lecture||Introduction to NMT||Fabienne Cap||Further Reading|
|2017-05-29||10-12||16-0041||Seminar||Master projects I||schedule|
|2017-05-31||10-12||6-0022||Seminar||Master projects II||schedule|
Please observe that attendance is mandatory for the two seminars with the project presentations.
If you cannot attend, please inform Fabienne beforehand and we will find an alternative solution for you.